Visions for Greater Human Flourishing serves as a vessel to project my passion for our human family in its strength, in its frailty, in its perfections, and in its imperfections. My desire is to advance Greater Human Flourishing as best I can. Please read on.

Sunday, December 9, 2018

Patriot

11/30/2018











My insinued heart a petulant child
Sillystrings these feathery rice
Shoots that lay me down slack on
A bed of sky. Strange I’m numb
And quiet and slow watching my
Blood percole and transude into
Bubbles tiny and red: “Corpuscles”
From seventh grade Science lab:
That girl swelling beside me with
cobalt eyes and ballet slipper lips
smiling while I bite and bite
And bite at rufescent bubbles
Tiny as Einstein’s sorching little
Rascals: The destroyer of worlds
That fashioned me a fish out of water
To croak on a mud bank “Put me back!
I cannot abide a world where the
Janus-faced placate he died for
His country” while my eyes grow
Milky and stale. Where my blood of
Their blood rivules away in mud and
Rice muck witness to no One no
Thing save for the muted white cloud
That presses ever softly on me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment